Penn’s Corner is looking to hire an Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of all phases of
Penn’s Corner Farm Alliance including the management of the facility at 6400
Hamilton Avenue, the truck fleet, drivers, and all aspects of product distribution. The
Operations Manager is a dynamic position that is both physically and intellectually
The Operations Manager:
• manages drivers, routes, and scheduling
• makes deliveries and pickups in refrigerated box truck
• oversees and maintains facility infrastructure and equipment, including
trucks, coolers, heating and cooling systems, restrooms, etc.
• organizes all aspects of facility, including boxes, product, supplies, etc.
• streamlines product pick-up and distribution process
• keeps thorough records of truck and facility maintenance, food safety,
workplace incidents, etc.
• assists General Manager with assembling weekly restaurant product lists and
• develops and implements protocols and standards for food and worker safety
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, communicative, and able to
work independently. Must be willing to pitch in with a variety of tasks, including
packing CSA boxes. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds repeatedly, have a valid
driver’s license, and reliable transportation to our warehouse in Larimer. Experience
driving non-CDL box trucks is preferred but not essential.
This is a great opportunity to work with local farmers, become familiar with
Pittsburgh’s best restaurants, and connect with all of our loyal customers. Plus it’s a
great way to get to know Western Pennsylvania!
Compensation for this salaried position will be commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be
accepted until Thursday December 4th, 2014.