adapted slightly from Epicurious
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- a pinch of dried crushed red pepper or more to taste
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 1/2 cup (or more) vegetable broth, chicken broth or water
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) Sherry wine vinegar (or any type of vinegar)
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and dried crushed pepper; stir until garlic is pale golden, about 1 minute. Add greens by large handfuls; stir just until beginning to wilt before adding more, tossing with tongs to coat with oil.
Add broth or water, cover, and simmer until greens are just tender, adding more broth by tablespoonfuls if dry, 5 to 10 minutes. Add beans; simmer uncovered until beans are heated through and liquid is almost absorbed, about 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, and more vinegar if desired; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and serve.