from Cookin’ Canuck
1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking soda
¾ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground ginger
¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
½ cup (packed) brown sugar
2 tbsp canola oil
1 cup (lightly packed) shredded carrots
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/3 cup chopped pecans
12 pecan halves
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat the muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
3. In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, Greek yogurt, brown sugar, canola oil and egg. Stir
together until the mixture is smooth.
4. Stir the dry ingredients into the applesauce mixture until combined. Stir in the carrot, raisins and
5. Spoon the muffin batter into the prepared muffin cups.
6. Bake for 7 minutes. Place one pecan half on top of each muffin. Bake until a toothpick inserted
in the center of the muffins comes out clean, an additional 7 to 9 minutes.