from Marin Mama Cooks
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, de-stemmed and thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lemon (approximately 3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced – I always use 3 large cloves
- pinch of fine sea salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese – you can use more or less here or omit it all together, it’s up to you. I just throw in a handful and call it a day
Wash, de-stem and thinly slice your kale. To see step-by-step instructions on how to de-stem and thinly sliced kale click here.
Throw your kale slices into a large bowl.
Whisk together in a small bowl or glass measuring cup the following: juice of 1 lemon (3 tablespoons), 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2-3 cloves minced garlic, pinch of fine sea salt, pinch of freshly ground black pepper, pinch of red pepper flakes.
Make sure to whisk the ingredients together well.
Pour the dressing over the kale and make sure to massage it well so that all the kale absorbs the dressing. When I say, “massage” your kale, I literally mean, get your hands in there and massage it.
After your kale is massaged, add the 2/3 cups of parmesan cheese and toss again.
Let the kale rest for at least 5 minutes to an hour. This salad can be made hours ahead of time or even the day before.